California DMV Licensed VIN Verification


Serving the area around Lake Tahoe, CA and NV

What we do


 We are mobile and provide vehicle   (or vin) verifications for registering a vehicle with the California DMV.  We service Alpine, Placer, El Dorado, Mono, Nevada, Sierra and portions of Plumas and Lassen counties, and the Northern California cities near and around Lake Tahoe including Tahoe City, South Lake Tahoe, Meyers, Tahoma, Homewood, Kings Beach, Truckee, Markleeville, Kirkwood, Squaw Valley, Alpine Village and surrounding communities.  

If you have a vehicle in the Reno, Verdi, Fallon, Fernley, Carson City, Minden, Gardnerville, Wellington, Yerington, or Smith Valley area of Nevada needing a vin verification to be registered in California, we can accommodate you there as well. 

 We have associates in So. Cal.  Call Alan at 949.269.2170 or see ,  Please let Alan know you were referred by Chuck and Linda.

 For Vehicle Verifications in the 9 San Francisco Bay Area Counties, Greater Sacramento Area and Yolo County, Please Call ASAP Vehicle Verifiers At (510) 799-4194 or Visit 

 Vehicle verification (or VIN verification) is required on certain vehicles in order for them to be registered in California.  Some examples of vehicles needing to be verified include:   

  • Out of state vehicles
  • Any vehicle or trailer, excluding used motorcycles, for which there is no California record
  • Vehicles where the documentation reflects an incorrect VIN
  • Odometer correction for California DMV records
  • Change of body type
  • Verification required for employer or other reasons

​​If you have another situation for which you need a vin verification, please give us a call so we can discuss your needs.

 There are some vehicles that a Licensed Vehicle Verifier is prohibited from verifying:  

  • Original applications for automobiles, motorcycles, and commercial vehicles with an unladen weight  of 8000 pounds or less whose Federal Certification Label (Safety Label) is missing, altered, or does not match the documents.  
  • Revived salvage or revived junk vehicles (if vehicle already has a title marked "Salvaged", we can usually do it)  
  • Used motorcycles with unavailable records or with documents from a foreign country  
  • Motorcycles with engine changes  
  • Incomplete or unassembled vehicles
  • Specially constructed vehicles (SPCNS)  
  • A 1981 and newer vehicle with less than a 17 digit VIN must be referred to the CHP.


The DMV has advised that as of January 2018, a vehicle verifier is no longer permitted to complete a vin verification when there is no supporting ownership document such as a Certificate of Title, Manufacturer's Statement or Certificate of Origin, (MSO or MCO) a US Government Standard Form (SF) 97-1 or a Registration Card.  These must be taken to the DMV or CHP for inspection/verification.  We are sorry for this inconvenience.   

 We are mobile and will come to you or meet you at a convenient location! 

Whether the vehicle is running or not, California DMV Licensed Vehicle Verifiers come to your location to complete the vin verification form.  No need to take the vehicle to the DMV or CHP.  We will come to your home or work or meet you at another location, whatever is convenient for you.  

We provide flexible scheduling to accommodate your availability. 

Dealers, we can meet your customer at a place of their convenience or come to your location.  

Large trucks and specialty vehicles are no problem.

We supply you with the proper paperwork (completed Form REG. 31) to complete your transaction with the DMV.

​QUESTIONS???  Please ask!  We will do our best to assist.

Call Linda at 714-393-9858

 (Don't be fooled by the 714 area code.  We are located in No. Nevada near the California border and serve many areas of Northern California and Nevada.) 

or email us at